Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Djan Blom 99 posts 161 karma points
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 09:48
    Djan Blom

[Send as mail] newsletter reciever has problems with 'Æ,Ø,Å' ?

Hi guys ! :)

Whenever I send out a newsletter, some recievers complain about the encoding of the text is wrong.

The æøå-characters is displayed as wierd signs..

It seems that I'm using UTF-8 in the newsletter, and the reciever is using Western European in the mailprog..

Now, I have added @charset "utf-8"; to all the stylesheets, and given the template a doctype.

However, it seems that the user can set the Charset themselves in the mailprog(outlook2010).

Can anyone tell me how I nail this down, so everyone sees the newsletter the same way ?

/djan

Mar 24, 2011 @ 10:37
    Djan Blom

thanks for all the replies..

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 02, 2011 @ 11:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Djan

No need to be sarcastic. Don't know why you have not received any answers but maybe people just don't know what to answer? :-) Or maybe you've been so unfortunate to ask on one of those days where the forum is on fire and the 12 top posts just change lightning fast.

Have you tried using the Western european encoding instead to see if that solves it? (ISO_8859-1).

Otherwise is it possible for you to make a replace function that goes through all of the content and replaces the æÆ,øØ,åÅ with their character encodings?

/Jan

• Eran Meir 401 posts 543 karma points
    Apr 02, 2011 @ 11:07
    Eran Meir

have you tried saving the template with utf8 encoding?

Apr 04, 2011 @ 08:31
    Djan Blom

Apr 04, 2011 @ 08:51
    Djan Blom

Sorry, I was really stressed out by the clients that day :)

I tried to send one with the ISO_8859-1 - thanks for the number! however, it didnt do much..

Im using MailEngine, and stumbled upon this thread :

http://wifi.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/8377-Mail-Engine-from-Nibble?p=0

Can anyone tell me if there is a WORKING newslettermodule for umbraco 4.x at the moment?

When I tried to change the encoding, something must've gone wrong - because now I get a new error as well.

And the mail I recieve is like this :

What the hell ? :|....

Please look into this, it would be very much apprieciated :)

/Djan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft